Accenta 6 alarm sounding when trying to change light switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to change the light switches in the house I just bought. However when I turn off the circuit breaker for the radial lighting circuit, the Accenta 6 alarm goes off inside and outside the house. If I remove the fuse in the control panel in the loft then the indoor alarm goes quiet however the outdoor alarm / bell keeps sounding. I guess this is because it has an individual battery powering it. I'm guessing the back up battery in the control panel is dead therefore there's nothing to power the system in the event of a power cut and as a result the alarm outside sounds.
I have 2 options, replace the back up battery, or disconnect the outside bell alarm.
How would I disconnect this alarm? Just unscrew it and cut the wires?

Sponsored Links
Battery is faulty OR battery charging resistor is burnt out , normally for these panels if not serviced regular

You will need to get to the bellbox and disconnect the battery OR power it down and hope it cuts off after 20 mins

You will need to get to the bellbox and disconnect the battery OR power it down and hope it cuts off after 20 mins
If I get up some ladders and remove the bellbox cover can I just cut the wires to stop it sounding in the event of a powercut? I don't need the alarm system therefore don't really wanna faf around replacing the back up battery

Sponsored Links
Battery is faulty OR battery charging resistor is burnt out , normally for these panels if not serviced regular
Do you know if I buy a replacement back up battery, and remove the control panel cover and replace the battery, will I need an engineer's code or will my user code he sufficient?

You can use your user code BUT check the pcb first …if the resistor is burnt out you are wasting your money on a new battery

It’s a large resistor in this area like below

Attachments

• E0B9DDDD-D0C1-408B-BF6A-741A388EE746.jpeg
    E0B9DDDD-D0C1-408B-BF6A-741A388EE746.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 44

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back