Accenta 6 decommisioning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Recently my inherited Accenta 6 alarm has been unusable as some keys on RKP have stopped working (one of the keys contains my user code).

I don't have the engineer code and I can't use the default codes as listed in other forum topics as the keys 2,3 & 9 have stopped working.

I have bought a replacement RKP to replace the faulty one however I'm concerned that the tamper circuit will trip when when I attempt to replace the keypad.

What decommisioning process should I follow before I unscrew the RKP in an attempt to replace the faulty RKP? Also, will able to just reconnect the power or will it now need reprogramming?

My system comprises of:-
  • 2x door contacts
    2x PIR's
    1x RKP
    1x panic button
    1x extension internal speaker
    1x external bell box
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
When you open the panel the tamper will set the speaker wailing - but just disconnect it to shut it up.

Then disconnect the power to the keypad, then the other wires. Reconnect your new one leaving the power (+12volts) until last.

Enter your code and reconnect the speaker.

it should work OK from there on in.

When you open the panel the tamper will set the speaker wailing - but just disconnect it to shut it up.

Then disconnect the power to the keypad, then the other wires. Reconnect your new one leaving the power (+12volts) until last.

edit - whats the point in even trying?

When you open the panel the tamper will set the speaker wailing -
The extension speaker? Does the wire to the external bell box need disconnecting also?
but just disconnect it to shut it up.
I assume that I should have disconnected the mains power first?

Also, should I be working on the wiring when the internal battery is connected?
So when I disconnect the RKP, I should remove the +12volt wire first?

I assume there is more than 2 wires in this RKP wire? I've just checked an Optima G3 manual and it looks like there are 6 wires, so I guess I need to keep track of them incase the previous installer has done something strange.

A few more follow-up questions:-
Since i'm currently in the 'Day' setting, when I disconnect the 240V mains, how long will I have to access the panel and disconnect the battery before the external bell box (Sonade) starts to ring?

If i'm following this step-by-step guide to recommision the alarm //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=508286#508391, at what points will the external alarm be sounding?[/url]

whats the point in even trying?
I think I'm nearly ready to pull the power to the alarm, any last minute advice? Do I have the right reference manual "Accenta Optima G3 8SP 401?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
For safeties sake remove the mains power at the spur. Leave the battery connected and do as I said, taking notes of the wiring code used.
No need to touch the outside siren wiring. Just make sure you remove the 12v to the keypad first (at the panel) and reconnect it last - to prevent you blowing a fuse.

your alarm will lock out if you disconnect a data line - you need to completely down power from start until finished

do it quick, at a time to suit the neighbours.

if your lucky your outside battery is duff anyway.

your alarm will lock out if you disconnect a data line - you need to completely down power from start until finished

do it quick, at a time to suit the neighbours.

if your lucky your outside battery is duff anyway.

Hi,

Okay so I have completed the work and I don't I don't know the engineer code, so I'll be spending the upcoming months guessing 4 digit numbers!

I just thought I'd fill you in on how things went.

• Turned off mains, power light on box started to fade.
    Lifted lid off the main control panel
    Alarm started to ring internally and externally
    Disconnected +ve side of battery
    Disconnected -ve side of the battery
    Disconnected the 13V RKP wire from the control panel side
    Removed RKP panel facia
    Noted all cables and checked their condition
    Attached the new RKP
    Attached the 13V RKP wire from the control panel side
    Attached the -ve side of the battery
    Attached the +ve side of the battery
    As an aside, at this point the internal speaker and the exterior bell box started ringing.
    Also, if I disconnected the battery again, the exterior alarm rang for a little while ~40secs

Closed the control panel and screwed it shut.
    Turned on mains power
    Entered 'user 1' code and pressed 'Set'
    Alarm now unset in Day mode
Thanks alot for you help.

yep - the little battery in your outside bellbox is duff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back