Accenta 8 alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

All of a sudden my alarm will not set, on the control panel one of zones will not set. It a PIR and if i omit that PIR the alarm will set, i have tried changing the PIR and still, it is the same, What could the fault be ???

Sponsored Links
You physically changed the PIR?
Followed the same colours?

If so it seems to be a cable fault.
Test with a multi meter.

You physically changed the PIR?
Followed the same colours?

If so it seems to be a cable fault.
Test with a multi meter.

Hi Yes i have changed it using same colours, but still doe snot work, even wehn i do th ewalk test, the Led di dnot come on, how can it be cable, it was woeking one day and then next day it would not set

Sponsored Links
hi i have checked all the fuzes , and all seem ok
OK, so you have removed each fuse and checked it with your meter, haven't you? ( Looking at them does not do it. )

As you have done what I said, connect your meter across the 12v supply at the PIR, if it's not there .........

hi i have checked all the fuzes , and all seem ok
OK, so you have removed each fuse and checked it with your meter, haven't you? ( Looking at them does not do it. )

As you have done what I said, connect your meter across the 12v supply at the PIR, if it's not there .........

yes i have removed al fuses, they are ok, but there is no 12v supply to PIR

I assume you have put the fuses back?

What control panel do you have, knowing that might be a help to us in helping you?

Had any new carpets laid, dropped anything heavy on the floor that might have damaged a cable, dog a dog that chews, the list goes on?

I might not be back again tonight, it's Friday you know, things to do, places to go.

Got a test meter...............use it.

Looking at a fuse does not mean it works.

Recheck the fuse (s).
Remove all cables from the power to detectors then test voltage there.
put back one at a time, if the fuse blows there is the issue.

Its basic stuff, check and test, check and test.

If this is too difficult for you engage an engineer for 30 mins.
He/she will diagnose this in a few mins and offer a solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back