PIR????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve just installed an Accenta G4 consisting of 3 x contacts and a PIR.

When I go through the Walk Test the contacts all work but the PIR does not change from zero to 1.
The PIR does flash but not activating when alarm set.
The PIR is wired as follows:
Pir + to panel 13v+
Pir - to panel 0v
Pir alarm A and B to relevent zone
No other terminals connected.

Sponsored Links
if the PIR flashes when you walk past it in walk test, it suggest you have power and the device is picking you up.

If the light doesn't come on you could have wired it incorrectly or shorted it somewhere so the zone sees a permanent close, conduct the test again with one of terminals disconnected at the PIR end, and then at the panel end if the zone doesn't show active.

removing the wire pir end should show the wiring back to panel as being good if the zone goes active, if it doesn't removing one at the panel end should see that the panel is working.

report back on status.

Ok. I think I did what you’ve asked.

In walk test the pir picks me up but does not activate i.e: stays at 0

If I take a blue zone wire out of pir end on walk test the zone is set at 1. The pir picks me up.

If I rewire pir end and take a Blue zone wire out of panel on walk test the zone is set at 1. The pir picks me up.

You have it connected to the tamper in the pir instead of alarm ?
Post picture of pir wiring inside pir

Sponsored Links
51AEE763-E9C3-4CD9-BA3E-615F7A21B52C.jpeg EE689B9D-9AF0-4C01-9CF5-6351E29CFFF5.jpeg

Does this help?

Looks wired wrongly to me. Shouldn’t it be red, black then yellow and blue (or blue and yellow) ?

Colours used isn’t important, what they are wired up to both ends is.

usually power pair alarm pair tamper pair

why is the terminal labels over the terminal screws.

Hi
That what my pirs are: power pair alarm pair tamper pair although I have no tamper wired.
All tamps looped out.
The terminal labels were like that when I opened the box, I’ve also got an Accenta G4 with these pirs in the main house, have checked and although the wires are indeed different colours they go to the same terminal in the second Accenta G4.

N

E098C241-A071-408E-BDFD-8C64DBE8FD82.jpeg CA9F96FA-90BA-42F3-BFAE-4D522C458E76.jpeg
pir is using zone 6.
It’s not a faulty pir as I swapped a known working one in.
It’s wired the same as the main house Accenta that works!!

The plot thickens.

blue and black are in the zones

I see you have white and green in power and not sure what your doing the bellbox end.

so where is the power for the detectors actually coming from?
do you have joins somewhere else ?

Not using a bell box, have a sound bomb on the speaker.
White & green go to 13v & 0v in panel.
No joins

Sound bomb will not work in speaker output.
Labelling the cables might help
Why are you not using the zones consecutively ? Link out spare zones not used this will help in fault finding if control panel not programmed correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back