Accenta 8 Mini - PIRs stopped working - HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping someone can help with this ...

Had some building work done and they removed one PIR. Now none of the PIRs have their red LED on anymore, let alone work.

I measured the supply voltage to the PIRs and it is only 200mV - I think it should be 12V. In the main panel the DC supply is ~13V but the output to the PIRs is 200mV.

Does this mean the panel PCB is screwed (in which case I need to have a go at my builder ... ) ??

Thanks in advance DIYers!

Sponsored Links
You've blown the Fuse that supplies 12v to the detectors.

Looking at a fuse is not the way to check. Remove from the PCB and use your Meter.

DON'T FORGET & DON'T TOUCH THE MAINS SUPPLY IN THERE, I'd like a REPLY!! :rolleyes:

As well as the obvious fuses which I checked, there is one helpfully labelled Speaker on the other side of the PCB which I hadn't bothered to test. That (somehow!) was the one that had blown. Replaced; all good. Thanks a lot! Builder in the clear ... :)

Sponsored Links
Same problem , once code is entered all zones 1-8 light up except zone 2 on keypad, none of the pir sensors light up, i believe thats the problem, checked fuses inside the control box and all fuses are fine (checked with multimeter and all beeped) Even checked each sensor to see if loose wiring but everything seems fine. Even turning off the entire power and switching on again triggers the alarm to go off as it should. Saying this a couple of days before this started to happen the alarm box outside the house was making some funny noises.
Any ideas anyone?

Have you used your multimeter to check the aux output to the detectors? You should be getting around 13.5 volts or so, certainly more than 12. Also, when was the battery last changed? A faulty battery can cause some odd faults, especially if the PSU of the panel is straining to keep it charged up. If this is the case, the battery may have damaged the panel. Try downpowering and powering back up mains only.

Thanks for the reply, the battery has not been changed since 2000. If that is the case, i believe its an easy job to do? I was hoping that a fuse had blown, but as i said all fuses are fine but all other people who have encountered this issue have all said they changed a blown fuse, so you believe its an battery issue?

Thanks for the reply, the battery has not been changed since 2000. If that is the case, i believe its an easy job to do? I was hoping that a fuse had blown, but as i said all fuses are fine but all other people who have encountered this issue have all said they changed a blown fuse, so you believe its an battery issue?

12yr old battery!

You should at least be on battery #3, 5yrs max. or before if when tested one was found to be faulty.

Just because it is a rechargeable does not mean it will last for ever, they don't.

Hey thanks to Europlex & Scott1980, the problem was the battery, got new battery cost £9. Working absolutely fine now. Was quoted by some alarm company £50 to solve the problem & £20 call out charge. Saved £60 for a 2min job. Thanks again guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back