Accenta 8 Reset & Bell Box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am doing up an old cottage and the alarm has not worked, I have managed to reset the NVM using the threads in this forum - Thanks :D

Now that I have done that will the whole system have to be re-programmed or will it still be setup as per installation?

The external bell sounds like a chicken having it's throat cut so I need to replace that I think! :LOL:

Is there a bell box that someone would recommend or does it have to be a specific type?

Is it straightforward to connect up?

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
The Texecom Odessey is a good range of bellbox, just pick your preferred shape.

The Accenta will require re-programming , but the default prog is usually sufficient.

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the advice so far I got one this afternoon. :D

I have done a walk test and they all check out OK but when I go to fully set the system upon exit the system just keeps beeping like it is on countdown ready to set itself but it never does, I have checked that I have not set the exit timer too long? :confused:

I don't have any door contacts just sensors in the corners, do they need setting up correctly given I have reset the whole thing?

What could it be?

The system will not set with a zone fault , so check to see if any zones are lit , and find out why.You can force a quick set by pressing SET whilst the exit timer counts down.
Don't forget that when setting up the ex / ent timers that 01 is 10 secs 02 is 20 secs etc.

You may be right, it was showing there was a fault on zone 8, when I tracked it down Zone 8 appears to be my garage. I have 2 door connectors (Double garage) and then a key lock that is dug into the frame - Not sure what that was used for? :confused:

Anyway the 3 wires that ran from these were all soldered together with 1 wire that appears to run back to the CPU, I didn't have the keys to the lock so I thought I would remove the lock wire so cut it out and took off the wires - Now the system won't respond to anything, does that mean I may have wired up the remaining wires incorrectly? :oops:

I have 2 cables left that are joined up with the one that goes back to the CPU, do they have to be in any particular order or do I need to match the colours up within the CPU?

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back