Accenta alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, please can anyone help me, my husband accidentally stood on the panic alarm whilst trying to get into the loft, this set the alarm off. After putting code in to disable the alarm the bright blue strobe light is still flashing. I've pressed reset button but not helped. Thank you for reading

Sponsored Links
The panic button will need resetting if there is a keyhole on the front of the panic. A picture would be useful.
If you do not have a key then unscrew the faceplate, push the red button upwards and reconnect, then reset at panel.

Hi thanks for replying, I have already turned the key on panic alarm so that the red button is back at the top. Sorry to sound completely foolish but do you have to do turn alarm off in a particular order? What I did was, alarm went off, I entered code on keypad which stopped alarm Sounding, then back upstairs to turn key. Strobe light flashing, no sound

Hi,

What you have done is right. If you press reset twice the panel should restore.

Sponsored Links
That's great thank you. Unfortunately strobe is still flashing and can hear a very low beep from bell box. Looks like will have to get an engineer in. Thanks again

Do you know the engineers code, and has the system been set so that it requires an engineers code after the PA button has been presses. You entered the code to turn the alarm off, and then reset the PA, but did you then enter the code again to clear the error.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I do not know the engineers code. I've set the panic alarm off before accidentally and have just entered code in keypad which cleared everything on panel, then reset panic alarm, it worked that time, strobe light was not flashing. Thank you for replying

I've just had a look at the manual, and Pars is right, in using the reset button to reset the panel after the PA has been pressed. Do you know the name of the bell, as it's possibl that the battery on it is faulty, but having looked at a lot of posts on here, a faulty alarm bell can cause all sort of oddities.

I'm sorry i do not know the name, tried to look at box but it's worn. Just strange it's happened as last time all was OK. I've also just tried again, set PA alarm off, put code in keypad which stopped alarm Sounding, turned key in PA to reset. The strobe is still flashing and a low beep, really appreciate all the help

PA operated, turn off noise at control panel by entering your code once

Reset PA button

Back to the controls and enter your code again, twice

Done

An engineer code is not needed to turn off the PA, normal user code will do it.

Just done everything step by step, has not worked, just can't get that strobe light to stop, it's so bright through the night, upset neighbours oops

I suspect it's the bell battery that's at fault, but the only way to prove it is by an engineers visit.

Could have short on cable ?
Strobes tend to flash with tamper fault on some older control panels
Could also be faulty bell box following alarm activation
Post photo of bell box
Think you could need engineer as Doggit suggests

I've known ADE panels latch the strobe ,down power panel Battery and mains , see if that clears the strobe
Does the alarm set ok ?

Thank you for everyone's help. Not sure how to down power panel battery etc, so will call engineer today.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back