Accenta G3 makes a 'blip' noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 10 year old Accenta G3 system which has been installed in a simple 3 zone set-up.

Just recently it has started to make a short 'blip' noise whenever a button on the panel is first pressed. By this, I mean that whenever it is either activated, or deactivated, I hear a short 'blip' from the panel when the first button is pressed. It is only when the first button is pressed that the noise happens.

The panel works perfectly well and there are no obvious signs of damage, or overheating, or loose wires etc.

Should I be worried? Is this a known problem?

I have done a Forum search and not seen anything relevant.

Thanks for reading ...... Michael

Sponsored Links
I am not sure on this panel.

given your system is 10 years old when was the back up battery last replaced.

as it should be replaced every few years many on here recommend ever 5 years.

The battery has been replaced about 5 years ago. When I last did a test, at Easter this year (by turning the mains supply off) the system ran without a problem for 8 hours.

I am testing the battery now. The mains has been off for 6 hours and the alarm is working perfectly. The panel still makes the short 'blip' noise when the first button is pressed. Has anyone come across this before?

Sponsored Links
Problem solved!

The 'blip' noise was caused by the failure of the outside siren unit. The unit seemed OK and the power light was blinking on and off as you would expect, but nevertheless the unit was defective and the siren / strobe were not working.

A new siren / strobe unit and the 'blip' has gone.

The message seems to be, that if your alarm is operating in a strange way, or making odd noises, test it fully (I have to admit that I assumed the outside unit was working OK without actually testing it).

Hope that this helps someone ............

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back