Accenta G4 Strobe Light connection for PA

Reaction score
Country
Ghana
I want to setup a strobe light to come on when a PA is activated on an Accenta G4. Any lead is very appreciated.

Sponsored Links
the g4 has an output marked up PA I believe, one end of the strobe to 12V the negative to the pa output. Not sure what load it can take don't instal these, take a few out for upgrade and the odd fix.

Happen to have one of the Accenta G4 engineer's manuals on my bench. These are the available outputs for that panel. There isn't actually a PA output (there IS a PA input elsewhere though). You can use the STROBE output I guess. Be aware that it's specified as +12V latching which means that on activation, 12V will develop between the STROBE+ and STROBE- terminals, and stay there till cancelled from the keypad. 1A fuse. BUT. This 1A is shared between all the panel outputs, including the bell box(es). So be careful how powerful a strobe you add.
You can get into all sorts of trouble trying to add too powerful a strobe. Trust me.

G4 outputs.jpg

PS. You realise that the bell box will go off in the event of PA activation, whether the alarm is SET or UNSET.

Sponsored Links
think you will find it does have communicator outputs which includes a PA, unless its a compact and that's in the manual just checked.

a unit programmed forsilent pa wouldn't trigger the bell box though, at default its probably programed to audible I suspect but I would have to check the manual for that.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back