Accenta mini 8 need help again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody with reference to previose post from me still got problems.
I still keep having the Tamper fault showing very intermittent sometimes also at night . If I just enter usser code and reset problem cured till the next time as this is getting to be a pain having to get out of bed in the early hours to reset.
Today I decided after seeking help on Internet to remove the control box cover to find the outside bell box tamp, I had previously removed the wires from the keypad and terminals 19 & 20 and fitted link wires into these connection on circuit board.
On main board identified scb terminals T&A connected a link wire on these terminals leaving wires still connected closed lid. I then proceeded out of loft ( main box up there ) to find full alarm now going off outside entered my usser code but would not silence used engineer code still going back up to loft disconnected my link . Back to Keypad applied usser code alarm still not sillencing after many attepts using my code or engineer code eventually stopped ?? Don't know how.
The alarm now does not work outside no strob no bell. Everything in house working o/k
Can anybody tell if I have messed up the bell box by putting the T&A link wire in without dissconecting the wires first
Is there any way I can get this operational again sorry for the long post just wanted to explain in detail what I had done.
Buzzy

Sponsored Links
Thanks for response .
Previously I had taken a picture of the inside of bell box which had a label saying Volumatic Bs 4737. Date aug 1999 with a tell help number 0161 28 ? 5555 hard to see from photo .
I don't have any written info about the box ,but Ido have the accenta manual from the net with the wiring pic
If it helps it's a elongated box coloured red with a translucent bottom which has a red intermittent moving light which acts as the white strobe when activated.
Hope that helps otherwise I will have to get out the ladders tomorrow.
Buzzy

You've gone from a tamper, to no tamper?

from a working bell to a non working bell?

Are the bell leds still working?

You may have shorted and blown the bell fuse, as the 12V and 0V are next to each other, be very easy to short out. and blow the 1A bell and strobe fuse.

Sponsored Links
Will check fuses tomorrow ,
I can set the alarm by keypad if it then goes into alarm mode nothing is happening on bell box no sound or strobe but internal sounder on keypad works.
If I go into engineering mode to do a strob test or outside bell test nothing happens also the light that used to dimly strobe on the bell box now not working at all.
Would I have damaged the bell box by linking the tamper on T & A in main unit or have I done it wrong ??.
Buzzy

i am guessing, but when you linked the T and A out you shorted A and D and blown the bell & strobe fuse in the panel its a 1 A quick blow fuse, thus the bell stopped doing anything.

if the bell has been without any power for a long time, then the bell may be damaged as the back up battery inside the bell runs flat, however you can get replacements on line of the back up battery or the bell box , but if you replace the fuse you should be okay(assuming no damage) if the A and D terminals in the panel arent shorted to get the bell firing again, but may still need to replace the back up battery in the bell.

Assuming that the fuse has blown when I replace . And if it starts working again do you know how I stop the tamper circuit working on the bell box so I could then see if the tamper still keeps activating Iam just trying to diagnose what is causing this Tamper fault by disabling the tamper circuits before replacing items by trial and error.
Buzzy

linking out the T and A at the panel Tamper and 0V should stop the tamper from the bell showing.

Double check the wiring is correct when you open the ubit before replacing the fuse.

If the bell has no power then the fuse should be checked out, you may be able to see the break, you may not. Ideally you can test the fuse with a meter for continuity or it has the correct voltage across it.

Fuses are relatively cheap, I would buy a pack of 10 for a a couple of quid just in case.

once you have the bell working report back if you still have a tamper showing on the system and we can take it from there.

Continuing story, took the control box cover off on investigation the bell/strobe fuse has blown . So just ordered a pack of 10 as advised by yourself probably a couple of days to get .
i also now took the outside cover of the bell box not brilliant in there some signs of corrosion on tamper spring switch.
I have also found the battery as started to corrode and looks as though it started to leak check volt on batt Zero reading .
I will now do some more investigation where to get the batt from .
8.4 volt 280 Ma Nicad Gp28obvk x7 on blue wrapping looks like a big capacitor
Buzzy

ebay is probably the easiest source and may well be the cheapest but many online alarm wholesalers sell them

Iam now waiting for batery delivery and fuses hopefully tomorrow .
In anticipation for tomorrow when I get the batery what would be the best procedure to fit these items at the moment I have got the system in engineer mode with covers off the bell box and control unit.
I presume that if I fit the batery I will get a full alarm which might blow me off the ladder ( Iam getting on a bit now for going up ladders ) batery first or fuse first covers on or off ??? Engineer code or usser code sorry to be a pain just want to do the right procedure.
If I can get it working again I will then go back to my initial question about my my tamper circuit problem.
Buzzy

Update info I recieved my replacement battery very quickly next day normal postage from Buyabattery co uk cheaper than eBay good service.
Have now fitted battery and fuse in main control unit it didnt manage to blow my head off as I disconnected the siren wire before fitting battery.
It now seems to up and running again as it was before I started playing with it. Not sure if fitting the battery is going to cure my intermittent Tamper fault .
In anticipation of the Tamper fault coming back can I just go into the bellbox and remove Tamper In & Tamper out from terminal strip and connect together using a choc block would that now bypass tamper on bellbox cover, so I can eliminate it from my fault finding adventure
Thanks buzzy

just have to wait and see what happens.

you link out at the panel between zero volts and tamper.

Thanks for your help secureiam
I wil leave alone for a period to see what happens.will update post after a longer test.
Buzzy

Hi just a update on my problem.
It's now been a Month since I fitted the replacement bell box battery and up to now I have had no Tamp faults or any false alarms .
Looks promising Thanks to everybody for there help.
Buzzy :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back