accenta mini tamper lock out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just bought a accenta min to replace my adt galaxy panel. wired it all in and it keeps coming up with tamper locked out so i have taken all the sensors and bell off, put a jumper in the two tamper terminals and pa terminal i have powered down and it still has same error, also door contact is not picking up on walk test, when i meter it it is functioning fine, it was a old adt system with resistors on every thing i removed the resistors. do i need to short anything else on the board to test it .

Sponsored Links
you have not mentioned, tamper return (bell tamper) and key pad tamper

can i by pass this to test buy utting a jumper in keypad, how do i override bell tamper, i think the fualt is with the bell box as changed this panel becuase adt one was coming up with a tamper. bell rings when you disconnect battery do the other two wires work like a switch i.e open or closed

thanks

keypad. doubtful, bell tamper yes.

read the instructions for the bell tamper terminal

also try this

leave + and - connected to the bll / sounder

that leaves 2 wires (dont connect these to the panel) touch these two wires together, (briefly) what happens? (its a simple test that tells me something)

Sponsored Links
when the two wires are apart the bell outside rings when there togeather it silinces them.

thanks

intersting. its configured as an SCB then.

Most panels will not readily accpt an SCB, you will need to find the sounder instructions and change it to an SAB

that aside, the bell tamper is working, it may be you connected them the wrong way round

thanks for that however the sounder is the original adt one can it be changed or shall i replace it.

is it
images
the yellow one

or is it

images
the silver one

ah, i see.

its not an SCB (i forgot you had and ADT alarm) you have connected it up wrong then

go and take the cover off and look to see how its connected. therer is

+
_

TR

-R

(i think thats what they call it) what colour goes to what?

you deffinetntly have it wrong which is why you have a tamper, the siren should not stop when you join the two wires i asked you to join, it does some thing else (no it doesn't explode, go bang or damage it|)

sorry when i touch them the siren does go off its hard to hear it as the garage is at the back and bell at the front. i have disconected all sensors, only wired in lcd panel including the tamper, have put a jumper in the other tamper and pa trminal bell is wired in and seems to be silent if i swap them over it goes of, i will track up ther and open the box on sunday, however keep geting tamper lock out on screen. i noticed that on all the existing sensors there are risistors twisted into the outlets will check to see if bell box has one can this effect it.

it can (the resistors) but i have yet to see a panel that needs a resistor for the bell tamper.

you should be able to programme all circuits out (or link them out) link out the bell tamper, so in effect all you have on the panel is the keypad, this way you can prove is the panel ok, since there is nothing connected to it.

there isnt a facility to connect a circuit to the key pad is there? (some panels have built in circuit connections in the key pad)

If it doesnt work with nothing connected, read the manual again, then realise the panel lid is not shut and there is no battery connected. put good battery in, close panle lid and see what happens.

you can worry about the bell later.

then read the manual again regarding bell connections

hi i removed bell and shorted the T & A on panel with new battery works fine.

When i connect bell up it goes into tamper again. opened adt bell housing the wire are as follows
H+ red
h- Black
RTN Yellow
R Blue
Battery black

on the panal i connected yellow to rtn and blue to r the bell stays quite the other way it goes off.

thanks

BELL - CONTROL PANEL

H+ red - bell +
h- Black - A
RTN Yellow - T
R Blue - bell -
Battery black - ? usually 5th wire is the strobe . someone else might be able to help you .

the battery in an ADT bell does indeed have a black wire.

its a floating wire coming from inside the siren, you connect it to the battery terminal after you have connected the others (but that has already been done now)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back