Accenta Optima G3 & SD1+ Speech Dialler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have an Optima G3 alarm panel working in tandem with a SD1+ Speech dialler unit.

After recent renovations the BT line running from the panel now needs to be re-routed to a new phone socket elsewhere on the ground floor.

The question I have is “how?” – i.e. where does the BT connections/line originate from within the G3 panel (the SD1+ feeds once visible cable into the panel so I’m assuming the BT line runs from the G3).

Alternatively – any recommendations of somebody who would be able to advise/quote for this work in the Watford/Herts area would be great.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
panel triggers dialler, dialler send signal.

phone line will be to SD1 from its A and B terminal the manual is available online if that helps you serach for SD1

Hello

Many thanks for the response - & after taking off the panel(s) it’s all beginning to makes sense now.

A few questions I’m sure you’ll be able to answer.
You’ll see from the photos I’ve attached. Am I right in assuming:

1. The phone line is the brown wires (left hand photo with red arrow)
2. In this setup the line feeds into a junction box in the panel (right hand photo with red arrow)
3. I’m guessing the line out of the junction box then go off to the old phone socket?
4. Is it a fair assume I can simply disconnect the cables (left hand photo with red arrow) and run the BT line straight from there?

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
9 year old battery ? ( Feb 05 )

Needed replacing 4 years ago.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back