Accenta/Optima

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just moved into a house with a Accenta/Optima system installed.

I am unsure of the engineer code but think it is still the default 9999

If I enter the code. Can I then removed the lid on the panel without the alarm actuating?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Press pro then enter eng code.
If you don't have eng code then open panel and enter your number to silence.
Once finished close panel and press reset twice.

Thanks.

The unit blank face plate and remote keypad.

Which is the reset button on the keypad?

Also the pro button - this is a button marked P

Thanks again

Sounds like you have an LCD keypad, so the reset button is marked X, and yes, P9999. If the standard engineers code doesn't work, then you find the manual online to show you how to do a panel reset.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Many thanks.

One other question if I may?

I want to relocate the external sounders. What do I need to do to the panel, before disconnecting he external sounders, so the alarm sounder doesn't actuate?

If you can put a jumper across the tamper terminals in the panel, then when you take the cover off of the bell, it shouldn't go off, but getting the jumper in may well disrupt the circuit, so it's not foolproof. When you get the bell cover off, you'll then need to disconnect the battery, and then you can move the bell.

If you can put a jumper across the tamper terminals in the panel, then when you take the cover off of the bell, it shouldn't go off, but getting the jumper in may well disrupt the circuit, so it's not foolproof. When you get the bell cover off, you'll then need to disconnect the battery, and then you can move the bell.

I don't think so....

Hah, just realised where I went wrong; the tamper alarm will still go off on the bell. But it still wan't a very inteligent reply.

I agree, but as the OP was asking for help, he certainly didn't get any from you either did he. I was undoutably wrong, but at least I tried.

Please can someone advise how I can remove the existing bell box before I install the new alarm system?

Thanks

You take the cover off - prefereably wearing ear defenders - which will set the bell of, and you have someone standing by to input the user code to silece the bell, and you then take off the battery connection in the bell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back