Accessible Junction boxes

Sponsored Links
Of course.

Squares, straight-edges, plumblines and spirit levels are the work of the devil.

Or so the people who built my house must have thought.... :evil:

Sponsored Links
What was all that lot supposed to do?

Was it just a way of jointing all the lighting cables in a central point? Instead of a large junction box with a connector strip?

Or did it do something more complex?

From what I recall ( without actually tracing any wiring ) was that the "ring" was looped round the boxes and sockets around the cottage were taken as spurs from these junction boxes.

Of course.

Squares, straight-edges, plumblines and spirit levels are the work of the devil.

Or so the people who built my house must have thought.... :evil:

Same shower that built mine then !! Not a straight line anywhere

Bernard, I find that photo to be a thing of beauty/ambiguity.. Are you saying that the ring was completed within the JB's and all sockets were 'spurs' as such??

Why do you mention door bell...am I missing something?

Ban, Gees; a true n straight line is a rare thing indeed....makes life more interesting tho!

Regards.

It did appear that the ring was through the JBs and each socket was run as a spur from its "own" JB.

The door bell ( 12 volt ) wiring ( 4 cables, tranny, bell and 2 door pushes ) was connected at the the far left hand JB.

In a way it was a thing of beauty as were the diagrams of where cables were buried in the plaster. But the diagrams were not accurate as a subsequent owner discovered when drilling a hole for a curtain rail in the lounge. He hit the cooker supply cable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back