Accord 8 panel relocation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi hoping someone can help,

I’m looking to relocate my house alarm panel but don’t want to go to the trouble of borrowing ladders to get up to the sounder box, I was wondering if it is possible to temporary connect a 12v power adapter to the following wires to stop the siren sounding while I do the work, I’m presuming that it needs to see a constant 12v so what out of the below should I connect?

Here’s the following connections:

Aux + has 2 brown wires
Aux — has 1 brown wire

Bell + has 1 red & 1 white
Bell — has 1 black

Bell Temp — has 1 yellow
Bell Temp —R has 1 blue

Strobe: has 1 green

LS: has 1 black

Trig: is blank

K-Pad: has 1 blue

D5652BF6-C517-45FF-9877-EF83FAC00609.jpeg

I have already tried connecting the:

Bell + red & white to the 12v adapter positive & the Bell — to the 12v adapter negative but that did not work so advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Take the red & white and connect to 12 positive and take the yellow and connect to negative 0volts.
Easiest thing to do is remove bell wire from control panel and remove battery and connect the above wires to the battery terminals while you change the panel.
Make sure all cables are marked up before you remove them and also take photo so you can refer to if required.

Sponsored Links
Wow than you kind sir I thought I was going to have to wait days for a reply from someone.

I have already marked all wireing and noted on paper also as I have been there before with car wiring looms, would you recommend fusing the temp feed or would the bell box already be fused internally?

And thank again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back