acoustic solutions tv LCD 26805

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.Has anyone come across this fault on a Acoustic solutions tv model number LCD 26805. The picture and sound are missing,there is a raster which is grey and has a frozen,barely discernable picture BUT I have a video recorder connected via scart lead and it plays picture and sound perfectly.Any suggestions gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
I think there are two answers to this:

1. "Take it to a repair shop".
2. "I am a professional repairer and I've come across this fault but I'm obviously not going to tell you the cause".

Armed with the circuit diagram, one could guess what part of the circuit to start testing but you'd need appropriate test equipment and knowledge. Or you could simply buy complete PCB assemblies and swap them over in the hope of finding the culprit that way.

(Unfortunately, I haven't repaired a TV since the days of valves.)

Thanks for the info.Unfortunately swopping panels would be uneconomical considering the cost of tv's now.I also was a technician with Rediffusion and Granada,and then self employed until I retired.This was before digital tvs.Also test equipment is no longer in my possession apart from an AVO.I thought if the fault was in the tuner unit it would be simple to fix,but if not it will join the other low budget TVs 'up the tip'.

Sponsored Links
If it works via the Scart socket, just buy a cheap Freeview box for £20 or less and plug in to the Scart socket.

Does the TV even have a Freeview tuner built in?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back