Activating the system after fitting new bell box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just fitted a Honeywell Reson 8 box to the outside wall and wired in. Wanting advice on the appropriate connection sequence - what should be switched on or off during this procedure?

There are 5 things to deal with :-

1. Control panel mains supply, on or off ?
2. Control panel battery - and + terminals, on or off ?
3. Control panel switch, on or off ?
4. Bell box battery pin terminal, on or off ?
5. Bell box timer pin settings :-
J6 test 5 seconds
J5 20 minutes
J4 10 minutes
J3 5 minutes

What should I expect to hear and see if all is well ??

Sponsored Links
I'd have the panel all powered up, bell cable connected. Climb the ladder, wire everything except the +12V, connect the bell battery, connect the +12V and fit the lid.

But that's me! You should probably start with the panel powered, do the bell then connect it in the panel.

Set the bell timer to 10 minutes - if someone doesn't do something about it by then, then they're not going to!

Thanks, have now got it working. The alarm box buzzer started sounding when I connected the battery until I refixed the lid. The red and green noen lights flash alternately as intended but they are not that apparent when viewed from ground level. I think this is a point to consider when using Honeywell Reson 8 bell box.
The alarm can be set and switched off ok, also if activated by simulating intrusion it sounds and can be switched off at control panel ok.
Two things I would like to do now if you can help with that please :-
1. Find out why the strobe light in bell box does not activate.
2. Connect into the four core wired circuit an extra sounder

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back