Actuator Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After reading several threads about noisy actuators in airing cupboards :mad: , I've come to the conclusion that mine probably is on it's way out and needs replacing. The rogue actutor is a BGMVSP-2 (British Gas). My question is in 3 parts:

1) How much will it cost me to get a plumber to replace/fix it? (should I?)
2) Is it something I can buy myself for £30-£40 and fit it easily?
3) If I can DIY how do I do it?

Sponsored Links
You may want to wait until it is broke before you fix it. There could be a couple of years left in it yet! Or is the noise really getting to you?

1. £X

2a. £Y

2b. Depends how good you are at wiring

3. Cut each wire close to the end but leave a little so that you can change one wire at a time and not get confused.
Check that they havent changed the colour codes before you start. If they have then make sure you know what goes where before you go any further.

If I come across one that a DIYer has made a mess of I charge 2£X

what noise is it making? could be repaired before its binned completely.

You may want to wait until it is broke before you fix it. There could be a couple of years left in it yet! Or is the noise really getting to you?

The noise is quite annoying as the airing cupboard is near the main bedroom. It's a constant humming noise. I've only noticed it since last week. The noise travels around the system through the pipes and can be heard downstairs as well. Personally I think it needs sorting as it shouldn't be making that noise. The missus is mentioning it every evening as well!

what noise is it making? could be repaired before its binned completely.

How do I go about repairing it? Is that a job for a professional?

How long do these things last anyway?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back