Add new radiator with 10mm pipe. Whats the best way?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am going to add a double radiator to my conservatory 600h x 1000w 1.7Kw. I have an existing double radiator in the dinning room, which is the other side of the wall 800h x 700w. The existing radiator has 10mm pipes going back up the wall to 15mm in the floor boards.

I believe the correct way to install the new radiator would be to go back to the 15mm pipes in the floor board and tee of the flow/return. To do this I will have to remove laminate flooring upstairs and take up the floor boards, which are the chip board style floor boards, which are pain to get up.

Can I either:-

1 – Tee of the 10mm flow/return pipes on the existing radiator and run them to the new one.

2 – Connect the new radiator to the existing one by connecting them in parallel. i.e. making it into one big radiator.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
2) would be better IMHO. No 1 is a no no.

Make sure you balance your system after which is in post no 8 in the FAQS. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back