Added a new radiator to extension but its not getting any flow.

In fairness, I’ve just fitted this radiator just before we started using the central heating for the winter so I haven’t actually checked it recently but it has always worked yes and all the other radiators are working fine in the house I’ve definitely come off the feed and return. I have concentrated A lot on bleeding the new radiator a few times but I haven’t spent a lot of time bleeding the old radiator…. I’m wondering if the old radiator was drained more than I thought when I fitted the new rad and that one is air locked.

Sponsored Links
I’ve finally got to the bottom of this thanks for everyone that replied… basically the two manifolds as you look at the downstairs setup. The bottom manifold (return) has hand knobs to adjust the flow.. all of these were fully open so I’ve been thinking that was that… but the top manifold doesn’t have anything obvious on it to adjust. But of course it does there are allen keys set in on the top of this manifold, when the guy fitted the system he’s obviously balanced the system and the old radiator is the smallest and closest to the manifold so it was turned right down! . Thanks again for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back