Addin another chine to doorbell circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having just had a loft extension over the garage completed, I now cannot hear the doorbell chime in the hallway when someone come calling. So I would like to extend the chime into the new room.

I dont really want to replace the existing wired chime with a wireless one, since I'd rather not bother with another batter (in the button) to check, so was hoping to just extend the existing chime by adding one to the circuit.

So surely if I connect another chime in parallel across the exiting chime button connections this should work? Or am I being a plank because I would them be connecting up two sets of chime batterys together which could muck things up? My existing unit has 4 x 'C' type battery so should the new chime match this?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
You connect the additional chime across the existing bell. NOT the button!

Your batteries will run out twice as fast (depends on how many Jehovas Witnesses you have ringing your chimes, I guess).

OR

You can get a wireless add-on here: http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/VED471.html

Add this to your wired system plus a compatable wireless chime that you can plug into any free 13A socket.##

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back