Adding a fused spur - best way?

Who ever divided the circuits up, wasn't having a good day!
Still not answered my question.
Is it the RCD that is tripping or is it the MCB of that particular circuit?
If it's the RCD, follow the steps I have already recommended you to do.

Sponsored Links
Who ever divided the circuits up, wasn't having a good day! Still not answered my question. Is it the RCD that is tripping or is it the MCB of that particular circuit? If it's the RCD, follow the steps I have already recommended you to do.
Did you really intend to post that message in this thread?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Any navigational clues - that's a 7-page topic!
Not really.

It comes down to the only workable way for Schedule 4 to make sense (as in be internally consistent, rather than whether it's existence makes sense) is for cables to be incidental and associated with what they supply, so if the accessory you are installing is not in the kitchen then neither is the cable.

Any navigational clues - that's a 7-page topic!
It comes down to the only workable way for Schedule 4 to make sense (as in be internally consistent, rather than whether it's existence makes sense) is for cables to be incidental and associated with what they supply, so if the accessory you are installing is not in the kitchen then neither is the cable.
Fair enough - but that's merely your (and undoubtedly some others') view/opinion of the interpretation of something which is far from clearly defined. It's not a definitive answer.

If I could understand the real reason for the thinking behind making a kitchen a special case, I might be better placed to guess at what they intended. I know it's a slightly 'water plus electricity' place, but there are others like that (toilets, utility rooms) that don't get singled out.

Kind Regards, John.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back