Adding a New Ensuite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I just wanted to get your thoughts- I want to buy a house and need to add an en-suite.

What are your thoughts on the floor plan/whether this is possible as it appears a little on the smaller side upstairs.

Any thoughts/comments welcome. The house itself is really lovely and has actually come down in price today.

Thanks in advance. (floor plan photo attached)

D Road Floor Plan.png

Sponsored Links
The easiest way i can see is to turn bed 4 into the bathroom and give bed 3 the existing bathroom as an ensuite. If you can adjust the wall it would help, depends if it's load bearing.

Maybe possible in master bedroom if you replace bath with shower and use slim wc and small basin.

Think about location because your soil pipes/drainage are presumably below the existing bathroom.

The alternative if your occupation is to be long term would be to convert bedroom 2 into a combined ensuite/dressing room.

Blup

If you can live with 3 decent bedrooms then use no. 4 as the main room with the bath +wc. Then a shower +wc in en-suite to bed 2. As John said (y) Are there any 3 beds for sale nearby ? you might not lose too much £ by losing a bedroom ( that's not big anyway )

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

I just wanted to get your thoughts- I want to buy a house and need to add an en-suite.

What are your thoughts on the floor plan/whether this is possible as it appears a little on the smaller side upstairs.

Any thoughts/comments welcome. The house itself is really lovely and has actually come down in price today.

Thanks in advance. (floor plan photo attached)

View attachment 144345

Bedroom 2. Behind ac, WC to right hand wall, short projection basin, modern square with tap to side. New wall across fromAC to R/H wall. Relocate change of hot water cylinder to combi or in-vented hot water cylinder, possibly a horizontal one? & relocate to attic. Block AC door, there's your shower area. Wet floor access? Heated floor into tiled shower area? Helps to dry it.
Access via a pocket sliding door from either bedroom 2 or master. If master loose a wardrobe to gain access or........ hide door as a wardrobe door to a 'secret' bathroom.
That's the basic idea. Adjust as suits. I've done the wardrobe door access in the past. Like opening a tarnished door lol good luck. Hope this helps
Summary,
Loose part of bed 2 & airing cubbard. Lose a wardrobe, relocate boiler. Bed 2 will be same as bed 4

Bedroom 2. Behind ac, WC to right hand wall, short projection basin, modern square with tap to side. New wall across fromAC to R/H wall. Relocate change of hot water cylinder to combi or in-vented hot water cylinder, possibly a horizontal one? & relocate to attic. Block AC door, there's your shower area. Wet floor access? Heated floor into tiled shower area? Helps to dry it.
Access via a pocket sliding door from either bedroom 2 or master. If master loose a wardrobe to gain access or........ hide door as a wardrobe door to a 'secret' bathroom.
That's the basic idea. Adjust as suits. I've done the wardrobe door access in the past. Like opening a tarnished door lol good luck. Hope this helps
Summary,
Loose part of bed 2 & airing cubbard. Lose a wardrobe, relocate boiler. Bed 2 will be same as bed 4
Like the idea, but won't that be the world's narrowest bathroom?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back