adding a radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm adding a radiator to our chs and really don't want to drain down if I can avoid it.

Any one got any smart solutions?

Sponsored Links
A ha! Is this likely to be an expensive item?

I used the canister type before, and they cost the earth. I guess it is a cost balance between the freezer and the fernox

Make a few calls to your local hire shop, we charge £51 per week (15mm to 42mm).

Sponsored Links
Depending on where your rad is going you could always do it live,not that difficult if you prepare well before cutting into the pipework.

Obviously it needs to be below the floor in the downstairs part of the house and if it's a sealed system then you need to drop the pressure before you start although I don't do this.

If an open vented system you could always use the bungs for the feed and expansion pipework.

ended up doing a partial drain down. Shut off all rads and drained to just below the pipes to be cut (upstairs under floor)

Thanks for all the helpful advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back