Adding a spur from consumer unit, please advise thanks

Sponsored Links
apologies, if it sounds confusing, thanks for the previous advice, ill do a spur from the CU lol. its all RCD protected

thanks for the advice mate

Taylortwocities said:
Hey Adam, isn't this your last day D-I-Ying it? Are you really going on the tools - are you working on your own or with someone else?

Maybe people are overestimating me :LOL: , I become an 'Electrician in training' (my term) from the 6th of september, thats when my full time 2330 course starts, during the course I intend to try and get some work experience in, and when I finish the course (finish L2 June 07, and then L3 would take me upto Christmas 07) I intend to start building a business up :) .

ah another reason it maybe easier to just add a spur from the CU is because i would have to extend not just the phase but the cpc and N too and there isn't much space, so with limited space i think the spur is the best option, advice welcome

Sponsored Links
Yup I'd spur it in those circs M8.

Adam. good luck with the course but with 2000+ posts you probably know it all anyway. Post any Q's your lecturer cant answer!

You can always take one leg out of the CU, put a JB on it (or join it inside the CU, if there's room), extend to the new position then run another leg back to the CU.

yeah i was thinking about that to make it part of the ring but i would also have to extend the cpc and N too and theres not much space so i may aswell spur from the CU but thanks for the advice mate

yeah..not much space...not sure I understand this.....

If there isn't space in the CU, you can put a JB next to the CU.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back