Adding MAX 4 Reader to Group - not working as expected

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Galaxy GD256 has 3 Groups:
Group 1 - Main House (Main Panel & Powered RIO's)
Group 2 - Workshop (Powered RIO)
Group 3 - Garages (Powered RIO)

I have added a MAX 4 to the RIO in Group 2 Garages.

It's addressed onto the Galaxy GD256 with no issues and Access Control is enabled.
I've assigned the fobs to existing users and learned the codes.
I've added a secondary user called G-Max for Access Control for the Galaxy Fobs and entered the numbers on the fob in option 42-07
Under option 42-06 Modify Group, I tried assigning the user G-Max to Group 2 only.

When I preset the fob to the Max reader, Group 2 unsets but the MAX does not open the door.

If I change option 42-06 Modify Group to include Group 1 as well as 2 and preset the fob, the system will unset Groups 1 & 2 and open the door.

I simply want the MAX to unset Group 2 & open the door to the Workshop.

I've obviously missed a step here but can't for the life of me see what it is.
Can anyone spot my mistake please?

Thanks
-s

Sponsored Links
Correction:

Line 5
I have added a MAX 4 to the RIO in Group 2 Garages.

Should be
I have added a MAX 4 to the RIO in Group 2 Workshop.

Just to clarify - you've got the scanned number against a user and the printed MAX number added to another user. Both those users (in effect the same user but across two user numbers) are in group 2 ?

Sponsored Links
The scanned number (User-001) has access to Groups 1,2 & 3. This is my Administrator account and also the Account I use to Arm/Disarm the system on a day to day bassis.
The Printed number (User-008 G-Max) is the MAX user & initially assigned only to Group 2. Didn't open the door until I assigned to Groups 1&2

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back