adding new radiator in a garage conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have almost completed my garage conversion and am about to add a radiator, the room size is 3 x 5 metres approx and the boiler is a combi what size radiator would i need also i have a number of other questions

the garage is to the left of our front door entrance, at the door entrance we have a small radiator to the left followed by a door with another radiator to the left before going upstairs then to the right of entrance we have a toilet also with small radiator can i add new pipes from the pipes running from one of these 3 i was going to knock a door through to the left and use the radiator but decided against the door other wise i would have run pipes from the combi boiler

i know the piping should be clipped to joists etc over some lenght i cannot do this now would it be ok to just lay on concrete floor under joists for maybe a few metres

and i have electric cable under the joists going from one wall to the other at some point the piping will come in contact with this to cross it would that be ok otherwise it will be clear

hope i have made this clear enough as i am typing while looking after my 3 year old son who is wrecking the house at this very moment grrrrrrrr that will be next job after garage conversion to rebuild the house cheers

Sponsored Links
just remembered ha ha i would rather add piping from the radiator before going up the stairs as there is only carpet there, in the loo and cloak room it is laminate cheers

Its not totally clear what you are asking but if you lay copper piping under the floor you should fit foam lagging and then you can lay it over cables.

You will need a radiator with about 2 kW output as the best guess without any further details.

Tony

the piping is microbore ,copper with outer coating of some kind of plastic, so is that ok next to cable, my other question before is , is it ok to tap in to the other piping near the other radiators and does it make any difference at which radiator

Sponsored Links
just found out the piping is speedfit, does anyone know if i can connect a new radiator using microbore or any other pipe as i can not get speed fit close by
cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back