Adding radiators - again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Having read all the previous posts on this subject, what are the consequences of adding 3 radiators to a 7 radiator system by teeing off the pipes going into existing radiators. The boiler will run 12, but the problem I have is that all the flow / return pipes are buried underneath concrete floors. I apologise if the reason is on the forum somewhere, but I can only find posts saying don't do it :(
Thanks

Sponsored Links
The boiler will run 12? Why do people talk in terms of numbers of rads instead of the heat output :rolleyes:

It could work and probably will but if pipe work is undersized the rads will take longer to heat up but will get there eventually. (hopefully!)

Sponsored Links
Sorry - still reeling from my near death experience yesterday. :evil: :evil:

as g4y said there would be an increase in heat up time, and I assume the OP is tee off the tails poking up from the floor to the existing rads.

If this is the case then no more than one extra rad per tail.

OP - try and work in kW/BTU's if you can't do that then give us the dimensions and we'll give you accurate answers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back