Adding radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am in the process of adding 3 small radiators to our new extension.
The boiler is in the extension so the easiest way to add them would be to 'T' into the central heating loop straight from the boiler, loop around the 3 small rads (2 x 600mm & towel rad) and back again. Just wondered if this is possible, because in effect the central heating would have 2 loops.
Any suggestions appreciated.

Sponsored Links
It depends if the pump is on the boiler itself, if so this should work fine & T-ing in close to the boilef is ideal, so long as the boiler is rated high(KW/BTU/hr) enough to feed all the rads & after fitting new rads you will need to re-balance the system(in FAQS).

Yes the pump is in the boiler (combi) and I was going to 'T' in about 400mm from the boiler itself. So as long as the system is properly balanced afterwards there shouldn't be any problems?

As long as boiler is rated high enough to take em all, kw/hr or btu/hr rating of enough to cover btu/hr req. of the rads combined should be fine.
do the s me with return & ensure u flush pipework properly after install then balance boiler & all rads(info in faqs)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back