Adding second shower help.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Customer of mine has uv setup with a aqualisa digital shower fed in 15mm pipe (plastic).

This runs into the loft to the processor box.

They want to add a second aqualisa shower in the second bathroom, shower processor will be in loft also.

Can I tee into the existing 15mm pipe in the loft for ease of installing, or is this not recommended?

They will sometimes want to use them at the same time.

Sponsored Links
Aqualisa Quartz ? Do you mean running off the same processor?

Is it a pumped or unpumped processor? Ideally each unit will have it own supplies

Sponsored Links
As long as the mains can give you the flow rate that both the showers need when, worst case, everything is on, then it should be fine.

I would run a flow/pressure test prior to installing.

If there's a noticeable pressure/flow drop on the existing shower when another outlet(s) is opened then the supply needs to be looked at prior to a 2nd going in IMO.

As long as the mains can give you the flow rate that both the showers need when, worst case, everything is on, then it should be fine.

I would run a flow/pressure test prior to installing.

If there's a noticeable pressure/flow drop on the existing shower when another outlet(s) is opened then the supply needs to be looked at prior to a 2nd going in IMO.

Good advice, thanks.

I'll do that.

Sorry I didn't pick up on the uv bit lol. Fairly basic stuff then, surprised your asking?

Sorry I didn't pick up on the uv bit lol. Fairly basic stuff then, surprised your asking?

I believe in doing things properly, each with there own supplies form 22mm feeds.

But to save time and money, I would prefer to take the easier option if it will work.

:p

Lol I sound cheeky I know 😝, but what's the size of the incoming main? You can put inch connections on but if it's only a 20mm supply comming in !

I don't know without looking but I'm pretty certain it's 22mm to the tank from the mains.

It's a new build.

Think you'll be fine teeing off for the second shower then

I would hope it's 25mm MDPE on incoming if it's a new build.

Did you not say it's UV? What tank are you talking about then, the HW cylinder or an F&E?

That being said then I would expect flow capacity to be fine, all down to supply pressure then, I'd be checking maintained pressure @ about 8Lmin flow then to ensure it doesn't drop too much under multiple outlet use just to be sure.

I would hope it's 25mm MDPE on incoming if it's a new build.

Did you not say it's UV? What tank are you talking about then, the HW cylinder or an F&E?

That being said then I would expect flow capacity to be fine, all down to supply pressure then, I'd be checking maintained pressure @ about 8Lmin flow then to ensure it doesn't drop too much under multiple outlet use just to be sure.

I'm sure your right on the 25mm.

It's a UV hot water cylinder.

All my experience is in vented cylinders and pumps in 22mm.

I don't know what aqualisa recommend for the feeds.

Every digital AquaLisa I've come across has 15mm feeds to the processor Paul therefore anything larger would be pointless as the restriction would be at the inlet IMO.
15mm should flow plenty, again, it's really down to available pressure.
It should be fine but the last thing you want is to install a high level shower like that and for it to dip in pressure when they're both being used for the want of a quick test.

Rob is a smooth talking son of a gun. He reiterates what's been said in a finer form. If you bought or were installing said processor you could see for your self that it only has 15mm inlets! Hats off madrab

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back