Adding shower waste to stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My house has a twin stack waste. Its not strictly correct, in that the bathroom sink and bath discharge into a CI hopper which also takes the roof drainage. Is this contrary to regs.. its been like that for at least 5 years (previous owner).
my second question is: I have just added a shower cubicle and ive connected the waste to the main foul (toilet) stack. I used a strap on boss and sealed it using roof and gutter external sealant. I also made sure i connected the boss the correct height away from the toilet connection to comply with regs. Am i correct in thinking that i should have informed Building Control that i modified the stack?
btw it all works lovely at the mo.... any major problems likely in the future?

Sponsored Links
Your house drainage may be a combined system so both surface and foul water can discharge into this. Phone BCOs for clarification.

With regard to your modification, BCOs are mainly concerned with underground changes so should be no problems with your installation. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back