Adding to an existing waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a shower running into the waste seen in the below pictures. It did originally have water in it up to about 12 inches from the top. I am looking to add a toilet as the room only has a shower. Can I simply dig down until I can remove the square drain and slip on a new piece of soil pipe and connect up the WC. Do I also need to add an air admittance valve. At the moment it simply has a drain cover on

Please ask if you need any more info

Sponsored Links
thank you seco for your standard response. BC are aware and are only coming to inspect at the end of the project. I am asking if anyone knows if I can add a toilet to an existing waste with a square drain cover and has a shower running into it. believe it is a gully trap waste.

Sponsored Links
grayster if you want to add a loo at this level it will need to have its own connection to stack use the square gully for wastes or rainwater depending
on regs locally
hope this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back