adhesive off of walls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:confused: how do you get the adhesive off of your walls after removing plastic tiles? Some of the adhesive had come off with the tiles but the rest remains attached to the wall. I am worried about ruining the walls.

Sponsored Links
Yea blade scraper is best, preferably with a long handle so you can give it plenty of oomph. Although id be resigned to gettin a plasterer in once youve finished

ive just removed all the tilefrom the alls in my bathroom on 1 wall all the adheisive came off but...... it didnt on the rest. ive tried sanding and scrapping but im getting nowhere. is there an adheisive remover availble? :confused:

Sponsored Links
I am about to tile a bathroom wall however it is in a rough state due to the old tiles being removed. This has left the surface full of gouges. I would usually tile over this however it is quite an absorbant surface. Would PVA be the answer.
Regards, Adrian

ahgs said:
I am about to tile a bathroom wall however it is in a rough state due to the old tiles being removed. This has left the surface full of gouges. I would usually tile over this however it is quite an absorbant surface. Would PVA be the answer.
Regards, Adrian
Yeah PVA first 5:1 mix.
Regular tile adhesive will take up any play in a reasonably sound wall. You should know yourself how bad it is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back