Adhesive / Sealant coming through paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Around 6 months after painting our walls I've noticed some sealant / adhesive coming through around some shelving and a window.
What would be the best way to resolve this? I'm looking at some Benjamin Moore 'Fresh Start' primer as from memory the primer we used was a big ol low cost tub from B&Q - would something like this work?

Thanks in advance!
B

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 41
Sponsored Links
Use Zinser Peel Stop . Forms a barrier for you to paint on and will stop the adhesive coming through.

I am a decorator- I have encountered caulks that (are painted over) and discolour years down the line- to be honest- I have no idea why it happens. When faced with it, I apply a coat of of Zinsser BIN. and then paint another coat of emulsion over the top. That seems to work as a barrier.

Sponsored Links
Have noticed with Fixall adhesive if painted with emulsion , whatever colour , it turns pink . Had to stain block to take paint .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back