Adhesives

H

hello1979

I'll be tiling my bathrooms myself in the next few weeks and just wanted some advice on the adhesives to use. I've only ever used pre mixed adhesives in the past but would probably go for powdered ones now, given the amount of tiling that needs doing.

I would ideally like to have a slow setting adhesive so I could mix it up and not worry about it going off whilst I'm trying to line the tiles up. I don't have a car so am somewhat restricted in by not being able to travel to collect. Unfortunately, this pretty much leaves me with Topps for the adhesives.

I see that they have a slow setting adhesive that can be left in the bucket for up to 4 hours. Does anyone have any knowledge of this? Is it any good? I don't mind the amount of time it would take to go off on the walls as it's only me here at the moment.

Alternatively, with the normal / rapid set adhesives, how much time would I get with them from finishing mixing them to them being unusable in the bucket.

The tiles are relatively small so I don't envisage having to worry too much about them kicking out from the wall so pretty much once they're on, they'll be on with maybe the odd adjustment

Sponsored Links
Personally if the tiles are not large format and on walls, I would keep to the ready mixed. Topps Tiles will delivery.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back