advice about bricked up window

S

skuba

hi

i've recently had a window removed and bricked up, but i'm not confident the brickwork has been done very well. obviously it's an old house, so it's difficult to find exactly the right size and colour, but i would appreciate your opinions... (see pic below)

thanks

P1040422.JPG

Sponsored Links
Did the brickie lash his horses reins to the drainpipe while he did it or tie his labrador to the gate?

I bet he rode off into the sunset hollering "YeeHa."
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
the thing is, they've hung a boiler on the inside of the bricked up window. will this be a problem when getting the brickwork sorted out? (they did use breeze blocks)

thanks again

That has to be amongst the worst brickwork i have ever seen.

They must have stood back three yards and threw it there!

the thing is, they've hung a boiler on the inside of the bricked up window. will this be a problem when getting the brickwork sorted out? (they did use breeze blocks)
You should be able to remove the external brickwork skin as it appears that they have built the two leaves separately.

However, i would prop/secure the boiler just in case!

what happened is the boiler needed to be moved in to the space where the window was, but the gas engineer bricked up the window himself. i've spoken to him and he's bringing a bricky with him tomorrow to sort out the wall. fingers crossed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back