Advice if poss' please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have just had our windows replaced with doubled glazed. I have installed tharmaline boards (onto single block) to all the walls and can now finish around the windows.

My question (if I can explain correctly!) is that the boards will create a small recess to the window, what is the best way of finishing? Should I add a cill or will the plasterer simply make good?

Hope this all makes sense and appreciate any help?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
We have just had our windows replaced with doubled glazed. I have installed tharmaline boards (onto single block) to all the walls and can now finish around the windows.
Not entirely sure what you’ve done; have you installed Thermaline to the wall face or in the reveals or both? What do you mean by “single block”?

My question (if I can explain correctly!) is that the boards will create a small recess to the window
Again I don’t really understand what you’ve done; where & why is there a recess? Unless tiling, it’s normal to fit a cill board before plastering (or boarding) are you not having a cill board?

A picture would help!

Hi, thanks for reply!

OK the windows are about the same width as the blockwork so the fit is relatively snug with no recess inside. Once I add the therm' board this will create a recess of about 30mm

Does that make a bit more sense?! :confused:

Are you sayig the wall is just 100mm blockwork & the inside of the window frame is flush with the inner face of the blockwork? Is this an inside or outside wall?

Sponsored Links
Hi again

I have posted soms pics which I am hoping can help?

//www.diynot.com/network/Rusty10/albums/

As I mentioned once done I would like to add 27mm therm' board to the inside and this will then create a slight recess to the window.

What is the best way of finishing? Cill, plasterer etc...?

Thanks again :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back