advice needed hotpoint wdl520p washer/dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone I'm hoping someone knowledgeable can help me I have a hotpoint wdl520p washer dryer I bought it secondhand privately and was told the washer works but the dryer just clicks which I wasn't bothered about as funds were tight, it washed ok but I noticed the water didn't get hot when I had a look the brown wire on the washer heater was disconnected so I put it on and it washed ok and water got hot, today I started a wash and it tripped the rcd i managed to get the door open and the wet washing was really hot. So I tried disconnecting the wire again and it still tripped, so I took the top off and there's a plug with a brown wire going to a pink wire which is attached to a connection going to the tumble dryer heater, see pic I tried disconnecting that and it is working again, could it be the thermostat has packed up, I apologise for the long post but wanted to try and make it as clear as possible thanks in advance
1456228187256.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yep dryer heater gone west. New one off eBay 15.00 or cheaper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back