Advice needed on decorating bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I want to re-paint the ceiling of my bathroom and wondered what paint type i should be using to best handle condensation?

Also, in the corner of the room two pipes come down from the ceiling which connect to the radiator. The hole in the ceiling where the pipes pass is quite big and looks really untidy. What is the best way of sealing the hole so that I can plaster/paint over it? I can't use a polyfiller-type product because there's nothing to hold it in place - it's just empty space beyond the hole.

Finally, there is a ventilation port in the bathroom window that is really annoying because it makes the it very cold in the winter (the bathroom is on a downstairs extension). I think it’s pointless as there’s a window that can be opened when I want to let air in. I don’t want the expense of having to replace the window so I’m thinking instead I will seal the vent up. My plan is to spray some an insulation foam into the vent (is there such a product on the market?) and then insert a cover over it. Do you think this will work?

Any assistance would be much appreciated....

thanks

Sponsored Links
I have always used DULUX Kitchen & Bathroom Emulsion.
Never had any problems with peeling due to condensation.
JonB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back