Advice needed on heating system

notgoodatfaultfind, you are not good a reading either, it is not a 5 storey house.:LOL:

and what are the chances that 2 people want to run a bath at the same time?
Not sharing that is.

Sorry i meant 4 Storey but pressed the wrong key.
Chances or no chances surely you should always give the customer the option should they require it?

Sponsored Links
Chances or no chances surely you should always give the customer the option should they require it?

A combi won`t do it, simple as that. ;)

Absolutlely.
Not only do I always give the client the options available, I make very sure they understand it is THEIR house and THEIR choice.
At the same time, it is the obligation of the professional to point out all the pros and cons.
And the cons here are: a lot more money for an unvented cylinder and either a lot more again to upgrade the mains as well, or performance not what it should be.
For some bizarre reason, a heat only boiler costs about the same as a combi, give or take a hundred quid or so. That means by the time your have added a good quality unvented, you have paid at least a grand more than you would have paid for a combi. The volume of hot water will only be slightly more, but the downside of a cylinder, running out, is completely present.

Don't forget that a 42kw condensing boiler effectively pumps out twice the rate of an old 24kw, and no one says you can't run a shower on those.
Have you installed a wb 37 or 42 steamer with a decent mains yourself recently?

No, my last job was providing the heating system for a new hospital in London. New build. We didn`t think a combi would cut it somehow. :D

Sponsored Links
[And the cons here are: a lot more money for an unvented cylinder and either a lot more again to upgrade the mains as well, or performance not what it should be.

no need to upgrade mains normally, how many unvented cylinders have you fitted :?: probably none.

The volume of hot water will only be slightly more, but the downside of a cylinder, running out, is completely present

The hot water pressure will be the same as your cold water mains when installing an unvented cylinder, so if you want to run a bath it`s there in seconds, as for the hot water running out they have secondary return for that, I won`t bother going into detail but most hospitals run on stored hot water with cylinders ? it`s all about size and volume. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back