Advice Needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could offer me advice on how to get into roofing or become a roofer?

I'm 18 and have almost finished 2 years of Carpentry training. I want to get into Roofing though as this is what I enjoy and wish to do for a career.

I've looked about in Bristol but it's so difficult to find Roofing apprenticeships so what is another alternative?

Thanks, Jordan.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean roof tiling and slating, flat roofing or first fix carpentry roofing?

Probably try some of the smaller roofing companies, start of labouring for them then work your way up.
You will gain some good site experience.

Sponsored Links
So would it be worth emailing the small local companies looking for some work? I'm up for labouring and all that goes with it.

I've built a flat and a pitch roof before so I understand the names and roles of each part etc.

offer to work for nothing on the condition that they teach you everything.

I would try building firms first as roofing companies generally only deal with the roof coverings as opposed to the structural element.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back