Advice on a cheap CCTV recorder

And if you look closer, you'll find it took the OP a week to return back to check his original question.

I have just started my own business so have alot on at the moment :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
If someone asked me how much to install a basic Platform Lift would be I would say £13000-£15000 because I'm in that trade ;)

What if I wanted a platform lift the size of my entire warehouse? :LOL:

phile";p="1250599 said:
I
Sorry for not giving full depth information but I thought you guys would be the ones to advise :confused:

Back to my original question with some extra questions:

Supply part only, perhaps motion detect recording, able to copy info onto USB, not linked to network, good enough quality to be able to play back I see images. As I'm not the an installer I'm not sure what else I should be asking????

We're not psychic.
Various options/features available. only you know what you want. but now you've indicated it is for your business yet still want absolute bucket basement price, you can see the dilemma.
You pay money on cheap tat, you will get the images to match. Insurance company will love you.

Anyway, if you look around thesite you will notice one of the advertisers sells what you're looking for and more besides.

Try here for starters.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/...page=product_info&cPath=1_23&products_id=1896

Sponsored Links
Whats it going to be used for?

What sort of value is it covering?

What sort of risks are involved?

Is it a small house, a large company, a bank, car, corner shop etc?

What sort of coverage, all day or business hours only,or 24 hours?

Is it a one off. or is it expected that at some time in the future you would be adding more cctv coverage that just the possible two cameras,hence requirement for a system that can expand easily?

How vital is the coverage, can downtime be tolerated, if so how much?
[/b]

Whats it going to be used for?

What sort of value is it covering?

What sort of risks are involved?

Is it a small house, a large company, a bank, car, corner shop etc?

What sort of coverage, all day or business hours only,or 24 hours?

Is it a one off. or is it expected that at some time in the future you would be adding more cctv coverage that just the possible two cameras,hence requirement for a system that can expand easily?

How vital is the coverage, can downtime be tolerated, if so how much?
[/b]

We had 2 breakins ealier this year in our close so we all got togerther and bought 4 Colour CCTV cameras (Have checked quality and they appear to be resonable quality). We put them up as a deterant rather than using dummies.

They are looking out onto driveways mainly, recording would most likely be 24hr with motion detect.

As the cameras are at different houses each house would need a recorder, up to 4 camers max but would be used for 1-2 at the moment.

Want to try one recorder to see how it goes.

Try these guys www.cctvdirect.co.uk They do a few 4 channel DVRs and prices start from £104. The one i thought of for you would be the 761 Venus DVR. Has all you need plus the USB back up.

Sorry looks like noone sensible wants to give any answers mate.
Correction.
I posted a perfectly sensible reply.
Fact that you know jack Diddly about the subject does not make it wrong?

For the record, our last DVR was £9K

My idea of cheap is not necessarily the same as others.

And if you look closer, you'll find it took the OP a week to return back to check his original question.

Stick to fitting noddy kit Mr Yale

A dvr costing 9k?

Why don't you post up the actual cost of the dvr ( and specifications) that I am assuming you are in the business of installing. :rolleyes:

A dvr costing 9k?

Why don't you post up the actual cost of the dvr ( and specifications) that I am assuming you are in the business of installing. :rolleyes:
As you've already highlighted - i did post up the cost of the DVR - and that was to us, not the customer!
Fusions!!

A dvr costing 9k?

As you've already highlighted - i did post up the cost of the DVR - and that was to us, not the customer!
Fusions!!

Post up the specifications then. :rolleyes:
OOh and the name of the manufacturer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back