Advice on Alternatives for single Room Wireless Wall Thermostat/TRV

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi All,

Looking for some advice on replacing some old Conrad FHT8R-3 wireless wall Thermostats and their TRV's in two of my rooms.

Issue

I have 8 of these in different rooms in the house. They call back to a central unit that controls the boiler. Unfortunately, two more of the wall Thermostats seem to be broken recently, in that they don't switch off the call to the central unit or the TRV even when the room reaches the correct temperature. I know you can't purchase these new for a long time now and don't really want purchase second hand units off ebay etc.

Ideal Solution

In the two rooms where the issue is occurring I'd like to replace the units with simple wireless wall thermostats and wireless TRV's that talk to each other as I don't need these to do any calls back to the central unit. I know you can get smart TRV's on their own but the thing is having the wall Thermostat I think gives a more accurate control of the room temperature than the TRV's on their own. I know that these replacement units would only come on when the older FHT8R which on the central unit, but that's fine. I did manage to do a replacement like this before in one room using the EQ-3 Max 131651 Wall Thermostat Max TRV and it works fine. However, you can't seem to get these anymore either.

Does anyone know of any type units I could get to do this? Ideally I'd like the Wall Thermostats and TRV's to be battery powered. I wouldn't mind if they were WIFI or Zigbee type units or if they needed to be setup using an automation task in Alexa or another app. In that a Wall Thermostat box triggers an action on an automation task that then turns on a WIFI/Zigbee TRV unit in the room. I know you can get Hive and Tado or Wiser, but they seem very expensive in terms of what I'm trying to do. Just to say I wouldn't mind getting if I had to get an additional hub for it to work, for Zigbee etc. If they were cost effective I might look to replace the all the Conrad wall thermostats and TRV's along with the central unit that controls the boiler over time with this proposed system.

Grateful, if anyone has any other suggestions?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back