Advice on fitting new UPVC windows please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I aim to replace two small critall windows for upvc units. They are about 130cm x 60cms with just a single opening fanlight at the top. I already have the new units and they will be a direct replacement.
I plan to do the job myself (I know about FENSA) but I could do with some advice about the bag of packing pieces supplied with the windows. The units are REHAU and I have about 20 green 5mm packing pieces and about 10 blue 2mm.

Are the packing bits used just to shim up the glass to centralise it in the frame or am I missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
1066 said:
I plan to do the job myself (I know about FENSA) but I could do with some advice about the bag of packing pieces supplied with the windows.

If the windows will not be covered by FENSA, just a reminder that replacement windows should be notified & inspected by BC to get that all important compliance certificate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back