Advice on lintels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I would ask my structural engineer but I cant read his handwritting and he is not answering my emails, read into that what you will.

I am about to start work on a stable block conversion and this will have all the usual windows and doors. I have been told the spec of the lintel P100 I believe, but my question how much should it overhang the window and be in the brickwork at either side? ( is this a standard measurment )

Is this also the same measurement for doors

I also wanted to know our walls are double skin but with no cavity,
as I am making an opening should I put 2 lintels next to each other as the ones specified only span a single brick.

The building is going to be single storey high.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If it's single-storey and the openings are not unduly wide, 100 - 150 bearings will normally be OK.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Amwc I am going to do that just for piece of mind they are not expensive. Do you know if it's a set amount to go into the brick work either side of the window.

Cliff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back