Advice on painting walls please!! :-)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, new here. Had some work done on my house roughly 4 year ago, doing my soon to be babies room, all the house was plastered roughly 4 year ago. I had a few problems with the builder, and now because I havent painted the house before (builder did this) im wondering if the plaster was dried out sufficiently before painting this.
I am using Johnstones paint matt emulsion which ive never used before. I bought a cheap white for a base which ive put on one wall with a brush but it is so hard n dry to put on, anyway now ive put the darker colour on which will prob need another coat too, but the walls n paint in general just feel dry and its hard to paint. Is it because ive not used dulux for once or what?

Sponsored Links
Ok my advice. If you going to change te color from light to dark there's no proble 2 coats should be enough but from darker to lighter you should use 2 coats of white but not cheap needs to be good quality and than probably next two of your color

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back