Advice on Pipework for a thermostatic shower valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to embark on having a new bathroom installed and want to have a thermostatic shower valve fitted.

My question is (please don't laugh :oops: ): what will this entail with regards to adding new pipework? Will the plumber have to add pipes to the combi boiler or will he be able to connect them to existng pipework going into the bathroom?

I think what I'm really trying to find out is, is this a fiddly job which will take a long time?

Before the moderator shouts at me I'm not asking for a quote!!!!! I just want to find out what I've let myself in for financially before the plumbers arrive to give me estimates ;)

Sponsored Links
can conect to existing supply, will be a few hours work depending on how acesible the exsisting pipework is, and putting new pipes in the wall

That's good news wonderb0y :D Thankfully the floor is just floorboards and can be lifted easily. Cheers for the reply.

My other concern is that I need to install it to the opposite side of the room to the outside wall which mean the waste pipe will have to go across the floor approx 5.5 feet. Could this be a problem? Luckily the joists run the same way.

Sponsored Links
It shouldn't be no. The tray can always be raised a bit if there isn't enough of a slope to allow the water to drain quickly enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back