Advice on Texecom com2400

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,
I have a Texecom Premier 48 system which I installed at my parents property around 18 months ago, but I am looking at extending the system to include a digimodem. I have a set of instructions for the Com2400 which I understand has the capability of being connected to an ARC, and also to send SMS... my question is simple - I don't want to connect the system to an ARC, I just want it to send me a text message if the alarm is going off; is the SMS feature of the digimodem purely for sending an SMS to an ARC, or can I program it to just send an SMS to me. I know that a dialler is another option but I like the idea of knowing which zone has caused the alarm. Thanks in advance for your help :)

Sponsored Links
In addition to the above, I am going to extend the system to cover a separate garage building which is detatched from the house - what would be the best cable to use for getting the network out to the garage (I plan to use a PSU200XP and RKP in the garage) and what protection is needed (conduit? depth of cable in ground etc...)

Hi

I have installed a 48 panel with a COM2400. Works fine and sends SMS messages. I can also dial into the panel using Wintex from my Laptop using the laptops modem. Also I have the IP connection and this works OK

Would be very interested to hear if you have being able to set up your panel ok

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back