Advice please , C/H + H/W programmer

Sponsored Links
I am never amazed how often D_Hailsham gets it wrong.

Example:

Southpaw said:
Boiler is manufactured by IDEAL , model , EVO HE
I am forever amazed how often forum members do not bother to read what is written.

The OP has a combi boiler, so all the talk about 3 port valves is nonsense.
The OP doesn't have a combi boiler, so all the talk about nonsense is, well, just nonsense.

Sponsored Links
I am forever amazed how often forum members do not bother to read what is written.

indeed.

Boiler is manufactured by IDEAL , model , EVO HE ,

and is a heat-only boiler and needs mv, roomstat, cylinderstat and a 2-channel programmer which, alas, do not come with remote option. At least not from proper make. :rolleyes:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

All jokes aside, I soooooooo hope I am wrong here and there IS a variation of st 6400 in wireless.

Had 2 in a row yesterday where the controls were poorly done in the first place, further deproved by a second plumber and finally completely f****d up by number 3.
Boiler in the lounge, kid you not, mv in the bedroom, cylinder in the loft, roomstat removed or never been present.

Problem: no dhw.
“what do you think is the problem?” she asks.
“put the kettle on luv, this is gonna take a while.”

Fortunately I did her mum and her sister, so she knows I can do what I promise.

If only this could be done wireless……………
Not very often you get to do Mum and Daughter :LOL:

slapper said:
Not very often you get to do Mum and Daughter

woody%20allen.jpg

Boiler is manufactured by IDEAL , model , EVO HE ,

and is a heat-only boiler and needs mv, roomstat, cylinderstat and a 2-channel programmer which, alas, do not come with remote option. At least not from proper make. :rolleyes:

It would seem that we are both right. According to the Sedbuk Boiler database, the EVO HE boiler - made by Ideal for Plumb Center, I believe - is made in both Combi and Heat Only versions.

If the OP does not have a MV already I wonder how the HW temperature has been controlled?

As for the programmer, Danfoss make a two channel wireless version, but it's rather pricey - the wireless cylinder stat is about £90 on it's own.

My solution was to purchase a cheap single channel timer, e.g LP711, and hard wire it in for the HW and a Honeywell CM927 wireless for the HW

As for the programmer, Danfoss make a two channel wireless version, but it's rather pricey - the wireless cylinder stat is about £90 on it's own.

Would you have the reference code by any chance? Will have a look at that asap. Need to fix a problem with a cylinder 3 floors up from the boiler and suspect the wiring. Got the feeling running a new cable will be a bit more than 90 quid in this case.
And mommy is in new baby mode.
:rolleyes:
In and out if I can help it.

Would you have the reference code by any chance? Will have a look at that asap. Need to fix a problem with a cylinder 3 floors up from the boiler and suspect the wiring. Got the feeling running a new cable will be a bit more than 90 quid in this case.
And mommy is in new baby mode.
:rolleyes:
In and out if I can help it.

Woops :oops: I have just had another look and it is two separate Wireless Programmers, one for CH and the other for HW. You can see the details at Control Packs on the Danfoss-Randall website

The wireless stat is part no WP75-RF.

You can use them on their own with a hard-wired CH programmer/stat but I think you may have interference problems if the CH is also wireless from another Mfr. The Danfoss Control pack uses just one 2-channel receiver.

Still better than opening up 2 floors and running new cable whilst radio 1 is scrambled by screaming baby.
Will have a read though once documentation is finished downloading.
Cheers for that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back