Advice Please Moving Toilet 6 Foot.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Guys. I want to move the Toilet around 6 foot into the Bathroom next door just the other side of that wall as per photo (see arrow) into the Bathroom next door.

Can you tell me if this is a big job?

Any guidance on cost (I provide materials)?

Are there any Building Regulations to consider?

Many thanks in anticipation of an answer

Boozercruiser.

Sponsored Links
Hi Boozecruiser, expect to get some flak on this post, talking about toilets and big jobs....lol. PS it would be a good idea to have attached the photo!!

Hey how come Burnerman can see the photo...??? it is not showing here, sorry Boozecruiser if you have attached it.

Almost everything will depend on the route of the drains, here......if you have a concrete floor then it could be out with the windy pick - if the floor is suspended timber then it could be possible.
It looks like there is another small diameter drain entering the pan coupling?
John :)

Almost everything will depend on the route of the drains, here......if you have a concrete floor then it could be out with the windy pick - if the floor is suspended timber then it could be possible.
It looks like there is another small diameter drain entering the pan coupling?

Blimey..that was quick!....thanks. Yes the floor is concrete and of course the drain is just out to the other side of that wall beyond the toilet.

The small diameter drain is just coming from the sink by the side of the Toilet which is plumbed in itself of course off the water system.

That sink would no longer be required so that particular plumbing would be removed.

Cheers

Kenny.

Sponsored Links
There could be two possibilities here:
1) Remove the existing loo, exposing the soil pipe level with the floor. Insert a 90 deg bend pointing left, and couple this into a 6' length of plastic drain. This would connect by another 90 deg bend into the new loo.
This would leave an exposed pipe though but you could probably get away with the fall required.
2) Find the inspection chamber outside, and channel a complete new drain into that - which would mean breaking through the concrete sub floor, of course.

There could be two possibilities here:
1) Remove the existing loo, exposing the soil pipe level with the floor. Insert a 90 deg bend pointing left, and couple this into a 6' length of plastic drain. This would connect by another 90 deg bend into the new loo.
This would leave an exposed pipe though but you could probably get away with the fall required.
2) Find the inspection chamber outside, and channel a complete new drain into that - which would mean breaking through the concrete sub floor, of course.

Thank you for that John. It looks like option 1 is the best. Actually the whole distance is around 6 foot....so I take it it's a hammer drill jobbie for the channel with bend and concrete on top of that.

Exluding materials....any ideas on how much that job might cost me if I got someone in?

Perhaps this is beyond a normal DIYer like me?

And do you know if there are any building regs to worry about?

Cheers

Kenny Thain.

Hi Kenny
I think its worth a bit more investigation, certainly.....on average, a new loo outlet is 190mm or thereabouts from the centre to the floor, so with a 90 deg bend pointing right (Toolstation 94834 maybe), into your length of plastic drain, and then turning downwards into the existing soil pipe, maybe cut flush with the floor. Think about Toolstations 24578 92.5 degree bend to do that one.
Worth a few thoughts! You'd have to ask someone else about the regs though - I haven't a clue on that one.

Hi Kenny
I think its worth a bit more investigation, certainly.....on average, a new loo outlet is 190mm or thereabouts from the centre to the floor, so with a 90 deg bend pointing right (Toolstation 94834 maybe), into your length of plastic drain, and then turning downwards into the existing soil pipe, maybe cut flush with the floor. Think about Toolstations 24578 92.5 degree bend to do that one.
Worth a few thoughts! You'd have to ask someone else about the regs though - I haven't a clue on that one.

Thank you for this further input John...and that sounds like good advice
to me.

I have other work involved with this project which can be read at........

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1892158#1892158

And I am already wondering if the project is worth the grief

:LOL:

Best Regards

Kenny Thain

big jobs ...windy pic ....carry on @ your convenience :Kenny ? Williams ;)

Me no understand? :LOL:
Kenneth Williams ;) I know you`re old enough _ from your last post . Good Luck and carry on

Hello M8...sorry but I think that you have the wrong bloke?

My name is Kenneth Thain born in Liverpool 3rd July 1942.

I prefer people calling me Kenny as to me it's a bit more friendly....which is what I am.

I have no reason to hide. :)

Hi Kenny

Hi Burnerman and others. Well, I have taken the toilet out today as per new photo's posted. As you can see from the picture just to the left of the original soil pipe in the corner is the soil stack.

I am hoping to tap into that at floor level of course someway if possible and box in afterwards. This X toilet area is just to become an airing / broom cupboard, so looks don't matter as much.

I am now not knocking out the living room wall.

The photo with the toilet loosely placed on the floor in shows the other side of the original toilet wall. This will now be where I am moving that toilet permenantly to.

Any further advice on how to tap into that soil stack (if feasable) or original soil opening.

We have another loo to use at the other end of our bungalow...so you will be pleased to learn that we are not in the brown stuff in the meantime!

Ta Guys.

Best Regards

Kenny Thain.

Excellent pics, and a good project, Kenny!
I guess you'll need to cut off that soil stack as near as possible to the floor level to get the fall required and then insert a 92 deg bend....I cant tell what its made of but it seems to be a plastic SVP into a collar and then into salt glaze, perhaps? Either way, connectors are available.
I see the original loo was connected into an offset connector and the drain presumably connects into the SVP somewhere....it could be worth unearthing the connection if so.
Either way so long as nothing else is using that SVP it shouldn't be too much trouble.
Wishing you luck with this!
P.S Presumably you get the energy pills from the Internet? :p

Excellent pics, and a good project, Kenny!
I guess you'll need to cut off that soil stack as near as possible to the floor level to get the fall required and then insert a 92 deg bend....I cant tell what its made of but it seems to be a plastic SVP into a collar and then into salt glaze, perhaps? Either way, connectors are available.
I see the original loo was connected into an offset connector and the drain presumably connects into the SVP somewhere....it could be worth unearthing the connection if so.
Either way so long as nothing else is using that SVP it shouldn't be too much trouble.
Wishing you luck with this!
P.S Presumably you get the energy pills from the Internet? :p

Thanks for the praise, advice and wishes of good luck Burnerman :D Coming from you this is praise indeed. :D

I have plenty of energy though..quite fit..I mean...come on...I am only age 68...do lots of walking and jobs aroundquite a big garden and to be honest...I don't know how I ever had time to work!
The missus and I have so many interests.

We 'Escaped To The Country' here in lovely West Wales (Machynlleth) and are having a lovely life thank you. :D

Now then...this project...now we are not going to take out the living room (Too much hassle to gain 3 foot we have decided)...I can just concentrate on this toilet move project.

The new toilet, (no door on) which will now be part of the bathroom/shower sitution is to be tiled(by me...straight walls) in £20 a square yard tiles from floor to ceiling.

The area in there is 4' by 4' by 4' by 8 ft high.

Not all that big I know....but add on the rest of the bathroom and it isn't too bad overall.

I will bear in mind what you have had to say regarding connectors...Ta. :)

Best Regards

Kenny Thain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back